This position is a component of the Electrical and Instrumentation Division of BHI and reports directly to the Project Manager. Incumbent will provide a full range of responsibilities that include but are not limited to: the overall performance of the assigned area’s operations. Continually participate in ongoing efforts to enhance customer satisfaction, company profit and personal job mastery. All jobs shall be conducted in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
Education: High School Diploma/GED or higher level and Electrical schooling. Associates Degree preferred.
Experience: Two (2) years of electrical and instrumentation experience in a construction environment. Prior management experience. Some sales background preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver's License, CDL preferred. Electrical Journeyman or Master License for state of work.
Skills/Equipment: Able to communicate effectively (i.e. reading, writing, speaking) in the English language. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point) preferred and extensive knowledge in the Electrical Industrial Construction Industry.
Personal Traits/Values: Honest, Professional, Competent, Organized, Pay Attention to Detail, Dependable, Thorough, Team Oriented, Safety Conscious, Strong Work Ethic, Self-Driven with minimal or no supervision.
• Be extremely safety conscious.
• Know how a job is built and can personally run an electrical construction of significant magnitude and complexity.
• Able to understand a contract.
• Able to communicate and coordinate with coworkers and foreman as well as have the abilities of a politically attuned communicator with dynamic presentation skills.
• Able to sort out very complex problems and create a simple and unambiguous action plan with a critical path to solve those problems.
• Possess a high level of integrity to ensure the security of confidential information and discretion.
• Must have a proactive, positive and professional approach and attitude.
• Able to read blue prints.
• Able to guide and direct an apprentice from beginning to end of a job.
• Possess a safe driving record.
• Able to obtain a DOT Medical card and keep it current throughout employment; if operating BHI fleet/equipment.
• Able to comply with/pass the BHI ‘Fit for Duty’ Program.
• Competent documentation skills.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties
o Manage day-to-day operational aspects of all projects and scopes.
o Seek approval for field modifications and changes.
o Research and resolve service issues and implement solutions.
o Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
o Provide accurate time estimates for projects to Project Manager (PM).
o Communicate delays, changes, or issues with jobs to the PM.
o Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
o Create and oversee project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements.
o Ensure prompt and accurate completion of all service requests by the Customer.
o Oversee and manage all required daily forms, documents, work tickets, checklists, and paperwork as instructed by PM. Turn in all documentation to PM.
o Ensure project documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately.
o Ensure that all work aligns and follows the BHI quality and safety policies.
o Manage day-to-day Customer interaction in the field.
o Set and manage Customer expectations in the field.
o Develop lasting relationships with Customer personnel that foster Customer ties.
o Communicate effectively with Customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
o Continually seek opportunities to increase Customer satisfaction and deepen Customer relationships.
o Coordinate with subordinate Crew Foreman to ensure that services meet the needs of the Customers.
o Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders in order to layout the Foreman and crews.
o Oversee the mentoring program, SSE program, licensing, etc. to make sure we are always in compliance with Customer, state and local requirements.
o Strive for professionalism and Customer satisfaction in the workplace.
o Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical and regulation publications, as applicable.
o Fulfill the role of all vacant Foreman positions.
o Perform any other duties or assignments as BHI Management deems necessary.