Haul Truck Driver
This position is a component of the Civil & Excavation Division of BHI and reports directly to the Crew Foreman. Incumbent will provide a full range of responsibilities that include but are not limited to the operation of heavy equipment designed for civil and excavation construction. Continually participate in ongoing efforts to enhance customer satisfaction, company profit and personal job mastery. All jobs shall be conducted in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
QualificationsEducation: High School Diploma/GED or higher level.
Experience: 3-5 years of heavy/mobile equipment operating experience of various sizes and capacities preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Driver's License; CDL preferred. Heavy Equipment qualified operator for equipment employee will operate, preferred.
Skills/Equipment: Able to communicate effectively (i.e. reading, writing, speaking) in the English language.
Personal Traits/Values: Honest, Professional, Competent, Organized, Pay Attention to Detail, Dependable, Thorough, Team Oriented, Safety Conscious, Strong Work Ethic, Self-Driven with minimal or no supervision.
• Knowledge in dewatering methods, sloping and trench shoring is preferred.
• Knowledge of potential hazards and corresponding safety precautions common to equipment operations.
• Knowledge of Grader, Excavator, Bulldozer, Backhoe, Scraper, Dump Truck, Compactor, Front-end Loader, etc. use.
• Must be able to communicate and coordinate with coworkers and supervisors.
• Possess a safe driving record.
• Able to obtain a DOT Medical card and keep it current throughout employment; if operating BHI fleet/equipment.
• Able to comply with/pass the BHI ‘Fit for Duty’ Program.
• Competent documentation skills.
Duties & Responsibilitieso Operate heavy equipment designed for civil and excavation construction.
o Operate mobile equipment.
o Communicate and coordinate with coworkers and supervisors.
o Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical and regulation publications, as applicable.
o Perform any other duties or assignments as BHI Management deems necessary.