Tower Crew Foreman
This position is a component of the Wireless and Communication Division of BHI and reports directly to the Tower Supervisor. Incumbent will provide a full range of responsibilities that include but are not limited to: overseeing the day to day material purchase, equipment trucks and work performance of an assigned crew in an electrical construction environment. Continually participate in ongoing efforts to enhance customer satisfaction, company profit and personal job mastery. All jobs shall be conducted in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
QualificationsEducation: High School Diploma/GED or higher level, electrical schooling preferred.
Experience: Four (4) years electrical experience in a Wireless Communication industry.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid CDL Driver's License, Electrical Journeyman License for state of work preferred.
Skills/Equipment: Able to communicate effectively (i.e. reading, writing, speaking) in the English language. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point) preferred and extensive knowledge in the Wireless Communication industry.
Personal Traits/Values: Honest, Professional, Competent, Organized, Pay Attention to Detail, Dependable, Thorough, Team Oriented, Safety Conscious, Strong Work Ethic, Self-Driven with minimal or no supervision.
• Able to pass BHI Competent Climber and Tower Rescue class.
• Know how a job is built and can personally run a job of significant magnitude and complexity.
• Able to communicate and coordinate with coworkers, supervisors and foreman as well as have the abilities of a politically attuned communicator with dynamic presentation skills.
• Able to sort out very complex problems and create a simple and unambiguous action plan with a critical path to solve those problems.
• Possess a high level of integrity to ensure the security of confidential information and discretion.
• Able to provide your own hand tools.
• Able to read blue prints.
• Able to guide and direct an apprentice from beginning to end of a job.
• Possess a safe driving record.
• Able to obtain a DOT Medical card and keep it current throughout employment; if operating BHI fleet/equipment.
• Able to comply with/pass the BHI ‘Fit for Duty’ Program.
• Competent documentation skills.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesJob Regulation
o Supervise the field construction of a project including organization, planning and scheduling.
o Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assign duties.
o Complete job reports (property damage reports, injury/illness reports, near miss reports, journey management plans, drive tests, employee performance forms, PTO absent requests).
o Ensure daily tasks are completed and reported as applicable.
o Assure employee safety by monitoring Crew compliance to BHI safety policies.
o Assure job quality by monitoring Crew compliance to applicable policies, procedures, codes and regulations.
o Conduct jobs in accordance with relevant codes and site specific procedures.
o Ensure that the project development functions are current and accurate.
o Review job site cleanliness to ensure Customer locations are properly maintained by BHI Crews.
o Coordinate crew activities on job site, focusing on quality and productivity.
o Mentor Crew from beginning to end of a satisfactory job completion.
o Ensure that all employees are trained to do their jobs.
o Oversee crews working under his/her authority; which may include subcontractors.
o Process crew time cards.
o Protect and promote the interest of the Customer.
o Build durable and lasting relationships with existing and new clients and Customers.
o Operate heavy equipment designed for digging and trenching.
o Hoist material, tools, equipment, and any related work with the equipment.
o Conduct workplace examinations, JSAs, on-site observations, Truck Inspections and Equipment inspections, daily logs and safety meetings.
o Employ risk management and logistical skills to manage job resources (human and other.)
o Increase job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical and regulation publications, as applicable.
o Perform any other duties or assignments as BHI Management deems necessary.